Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Those orders look quite good for the circumstances.

Just on what’s said between Dad and child at the contact centre, remember that the contact centre staff are there to supervise, not micromanage. What Dad says is reflective of dad’s personality, and there’s nothing anyone can do about, but maybe you could request that Dad complete a post-separation parenting course.

Complex16

27 July 2016
Those orders look quite good for the circumstances.

Just on what’s said between Dad and child at the contact centre, remember that the contact centre staff are there to supervise, not micromanage. What Dad says is reflective of dad’s personality, and there’s nothing anyone can do about, but maybe you could request that Dad complete a post-separation parenting course.

Thank you... he was ordered previously to do a Triple P program and provide a copy of the completion certificate which he has done.

I guess not much to do now except wait for trial. We had trial callover last week and retained our trial dates which is good - he has been ordered to file an amended application which I will then need to respond to and we got the order for his house to be valued at shared cost (you may recall responding to my other thread about this).

AllForHer

23 July 2014
That’s the one where you were asking if you should just pay it yourself to avoid delays? Glad it’s shared cost, hopefully he actually meets his obligations.

Complex16

27 July 2016
That’s the one where you were asking if you should just pay it yourself to avoid delays? Glad it’s shared cost, hopefully he actually meets his obligations.

Yes that’s the one. It was a good outcome for sure.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
You say the family report said mutual psychiatric testing but your orders are only asking for one sided. Is there a reason why? Has the mutual testing been made into an order yet? Is the family report writer QUALIFIED to make a diagnosis of mental illness or are they just a glorified social worker?

Complex16

27 July 2016
You say the family report said mutual psychiatric testing but your orders are only asking for one sided. Is there a reason why? Has the mutual testing been made into an order yet? Is the family report writer QUALIFIED to make a diagnosis of mental illness or are they just a glorified social worker?
Yes I am required to keep seeing my psychologist for treatment of my anxiety and ptsd following the relationship. The report writer is a social worker, yes.