QLD Issues with Final Consent Orders - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
There you go, buddy, I even added it my signature so you’ll never be uncertain again. :)

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Ironically, I’ve never alluded to being a practitioner (and folks, don’t make the mistake of thinking any practitioner will give you legal advice on any public forum), so maybe you’d find me less interesting if you didn’t conclude, quite irrationally, that I was one?

I’m simply here to help if I think I can, learn when I can’t, and apparently rustle the feathers of strangers who think I’m here for any other reason. If my posts cause your panties to get in a wad, you are certainly welcome to block me. :)
Even in this you are pushing your opinion as fact... here's the problem I have with you, you make some basic fundamental errors in what you tell people and yes you might correct yourself but you are so adamant that you are right on things for anyone looking in in a desperate situation for some kind of opinion who sees the kind of stuff that you are blatantly wrong about could go offering get themselves in a lots of trouble

You seem to speak from some authority but you make so many basic mistakes that it is not funny

mchiz91

16 June 2018
I had forgotten about this until I went searching for advice on my current situation.

With the help of the mediator, I managed to get the consent orders completed and finalised in court at the start of July (which ended up being better orders for my son then the ones from the solicitor). A complaint is currently with the legal commission regarding the solicitor and their lack of response - no explanation was ever provided.

And I now have a court date because my ex is taking these back to court for amendments to be made which 2 of the 5 amendments he has asked for are already in the orders. The other 3 are essentially asking for half of travel costs, providing a weekly update regarding our son and visitation or Facetime on the dads birthday.