Please respect the LawAnswers.com.au Community Guidelines.
The Community Guidelines may change at any time to maintain a positive experience for all LawAnswers.com.au members.
- Share what you know - LawAnswers.com.au relies on Australians helping their fellow Australians to better understand popular legal issues.
- Cite your sources - There are a lot of good legal resources available. If you rely on legal resources, please give credit where due.
- Be a good citizen - When you see a great question or answer, give it a "like". If you see abuse, report it.
- Ask clearly - Keep your questions precise, but be descriptive enough to help people understand what you're asking.
- Categorise correctly - Post your question in the one category you think fits best.
- Include your location - Laws vary across Australia. Please include city or state/territory in your question.
Please do not:
- Be mean, obscene, abusive, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory - This is self-explanatory!
- Publish your contact details or personal information - This includes not publishing any information that may identify you or your involvement in a legal proceeding.
- Offer legal advice - LawAnswers.com.au, and its members, do not provide legal advice.
- Spam legal products or services - Self-promotion must be kept only to the name of your law firm or organisation in your forum signature.
- Solicit clients unless you are a legal professional with a current LawTap Subscription - Please see LawTap Lawyer subscription options.
- Discuss dodgy legal theories - This includes, but is not limited to "Freeman on the land".
- Ask homework questions anywhere other than in the Homework Questions forum - All other forums are for people seeking legal help for genuine Australian legal questions only.