Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.
Please respect the LawAnswers.com.au Community Guidelines.
The Community Guidelines may change at any time to maintain a positive experience for all LawAnswers.com.au members.
- Share what you know - LawAnswers.com.au relies on Australians helping their fellow Australians to better understand popular legal issues.
- Cite your sources - There are a lot of good legal resources available. If you rely on legal resources, please give credit where due.
- Be a good citizen - When you see a great question or answer, give it a "like". If you see abuse, report it.
- Ask clearly - Keep your questions precise, but be descriptive enough to help people understand what you're asking.
- Categorise correctly - Post your question in the one category you think fits best.
- Include your location - Laws vary across Australia. Please include city or state/territory in your question.
Please do not:
- Be mean, obscene, abusive, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory - This is self-explanatory!
- Publish your contact details or personal information - This includes not publishing any information that may identify you or your involvement in a legal proceeding.
- Offer legal advice - LawAnswers.com.au, and its members, do not provide legal advice.
- Spam legal products or services - Self-promotion must be kept only to the name of your law firm or organisation in your forum signature.
- Solicit clients unless you have a current LawTap Lawyer Subscription - If you're a lawyer looking for new clients, please see LawTap Lawyer subscription options.
- Discuss dodgy legal theories - This includes, but is not limited to "Freeman on the land".
- Ask homework questions anywhere other than in the Homework Questions forum - All other forums are for people seeking legal help for genuine Australian legal questions only.