What you get – Separation Agreement Kit
This Separation Agreement Kit complies with section 90C of the Family Law Act 1975 and includes professionally drafted:
- Separation Agreement template (binding financial agreement)
- Easy to follow instructions
- Customer support if needed
Benefits of a Separation Agreement
Benefits of reaching an amicable and timely separation and property settlement:
- You decide how you’ll divide your joint assets and liabilities, including superannuation, rather than having the court decide for you.
- Reduce or avoid the significant financial, emotional and time cost of court proceedings and move forward with your life more quickly.
- Foster open communication to more effectively resolve any conflict with your former partner.
If you’re in a de facto relationship (not married) in Western Australia, then use De Facto Separation Agreement Kit.
If you’re already divorced, but haven’t arranged settlement of your financial matters, then use the Post Divorce Settlement Agreement Kit.
A separation is a time of change in your life, that’s why a bonus will kit is included so that you can reassess and create a new will to reflect your new situation.
You must get independent advice for the Agreement to be binding
Both parties must get independent legal advice before signing the agreement.
You can book a legal document review by a family lawyer so that you can complete this requirement at a fixed cost.
$199 for the entire Separation Agreement Kit.
If you have any questions about the Separation Agreement Kit, you can speak to one of our friendly Client Care Specialists on 1300529827.
A trusted LawAnswers documents partner
RP Emery is a leading provider of affordable, professionally drafted legal documents and easy to use legal document kits.