VIC School bankruptcy, VET Fee Help and out of pocket fees

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
Hi all,

a disgraced institution after sucking students' and tax payers' money suddenly closed down and has left thousands of students all around Australia without a future.

A guarantor, ACPET, www.acpet.edu.au, miraculously (really?) popped up from the sky and declared its commitment to help the stranded students.
Students were entitled to apply for VET HELP FEES but they still were charged $2,000 out of pocket by citing misleading reasons, I believe that that money was delivered to ACPET whose task is to act like an insurance company (good luck with that) in case the institution had problems, in short WE students as consumers paid the institution's compulsory insurance!

And now after years of complaints to the bankrupted institution which were never dealt with, I have to complain about ACPET which is not dealing with my issue by making up excuses, delaying procedures, citing misunderstanding and so on, the usual stuff we face when dealing with an insurance (LOL) company.

I already complained directly to ACPET and after a month got no replay also on their web site there is NO any information regarding how to complain about ACPET.
So my question is what Governmental institution is responsible for dealing with ACPET?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Reactions: 457Visafraud

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
ACPET appears to be an industry representative body - it's unlikely they have any direct oversight. I'd be going straight to the Department of Education and Training with your concerns: VET FEE-HELP Debt complaints | Department of Education and Training
They only deal with (if I'm successful) the VET FEE HELP not the out of pocket money so it looks like my last resort is the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.
I'm sick of making complaints and writing again what happened and the story is becoming more and more confused and complicated with the entry of another scammer, the insurance company.
The private education system is so so disgusting!

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
The application to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal will cost $861 and no one will reimburse me!