Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
  1. M

    QLD On the mortgage but not on the title deed

    1 year ago my husband of 18 years and myself separated, we have 3 properties, 1 in my name only, 1 in joint names on mortgage & title and 1 with both names on mortgage but only his on the title. All 3 properties are linked to eachother with the 1 in my name only having a rent to buy agreement...
  2. S

    SA Mortgage Repayments under Presumed resulting trust

    Am I correct in saying that mortgage repayments cannot be added to a beneficial interest under a presumed resulting trust, however can they be claimed under a constructive trust?
  3. K

    Ex not making mortgage repayments

    Hi my husband and I have separated a while ago he is in NZ and I am in Australia. He has stopped paying the mortgage and I am wondering what I can do? Thanks Kind Regards Catherine
  4. B

    TAS Mother & Daughter Mortgage and Title

    Hi, i hope this is not too complicated, but i will try to explain as best as i can. Ok so my wife and i sold our family home last year, we traveled overseas for 3 months, returned home and bought a brand new 3 bedroom townhouse for $270,000 in cash (appraised value is now $350,000) and we have...
  5. O

    NSW Mortgage and Rent After Separation?

    What are my mortgage/rent obligations after separation? I am separated with 2 kids who I mind equally. My ex moved out into rental accommodation almost a year ago and since then I have been paying half my ex’s rent and half the mortgage on the house. I have been trying to sell the place as part...
  6. A

    QLD Property Rights - Does Ex Have a Claim?

    Hi, So a long messy saga follows... 9 years ago my husband passed away & I received his full life insurance & his govsuper as a fortnightly pension. I stupidly fell into a relationship 8 months after my husband's death & I now realise I was manipulated by this man during a time when I couldn't...
  7. S

    QLD BFA to release names from mortgage without refinancing

    Greetings. I have found similar topics but no conclusive recommendations on my matter so I seeking advice. My situation is... My Ex Defacto and i separated over 3 years ago. There are two properties still held in joint names. 1 block of land and 1 house which is now rented but it does not cover...
  8. J

    VIC Legal Rights of Tenants in Common?

    Hi, A brother and sister are tenants in common in the ownership of a house with no mortgage. They no longer speak, both use the house alternatively with their respective families at various times throughout the year. They split all bills half-half. The sister can't stand the brother and his...
  9. K

    SA Land Titles Office - Getting Name Removed from Property Title?

    Hi, my ex and I bought a property together 9 years ago and my lawyer and I got enforcement orders last year to have my name removed from the bank loan and property title. So my ex paid the house off $550k in EFT payments within a month last year... guessing he couldn’t refinance due to Child...
  10. S

    QLD What are the chances of wife refinancing mortgage.

    Asking for others thoughts who have been through similar thing. This is for my best friend not me. Married 24yrs, 5 children (2 under 11 yrs old) They have mortgage on home of $150K, value of home is $430K at best. She has been stay at home mum for entire marriage, he's the bread winner by...