NSW Mother Attempts to Discredit Father - Family Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Philly2020

27 April 2018
such as agreeing with the mother to swap days.
The mother stated she had an important family event on that the son expressed he wanted to be a part of. The father didn't want his son to miss out so agreed. I understand that if there was an important family event the mother would ensure it was during 'her' time, but in all honesty, this is a loving and caring father who has good intentions and wants to do right by his son.

Philly2020

27 April 2018
Philly, you said the mother was ordered to see a psych.

This is enough for the father to stop visitation between the mother and boy, as the father is concerned for his boys welfare.

The mother left right?? Then her contact was sporadic.???

Did your solicitor ask for this order or did the judge make the order ??
Not court ordered. Suggested. The judge suggested she she a psych, but it was not put into the orders.

Alert

7 June 2019
Alert, I

am almost convinced you are somehow connected to this situation, you totally get it.

Sammy01, your advice has been noted and honestly appreciated. Having someone play devil's advocate is always helpful.

Alert, you are spot on. And all of your suggestions are being practised.

sammy01, your suggestion of Fokker 50k to settle won't work. The father has offered 850k settlement and it won't work. As I said this is a sizeable property settlement.

I do believe we are doing the right thing, i have been as honest as i can, and i appreciate each and all of your advice. We document everything.
Hey there Philly, I am happy to help with any suggestion I can give.

I am connected, but not, I’m sure you will know what I mean when I say that.

Don’t be shy ever, you can ask me anything, anytime and I will not ever feel offended. I know what you are dealing with and it’s hard at times, once you work her out Philly you won’t realise how easy it is, you can predict the next move, truly you can.

It can definitely help when you feeling unsure of anything, to have another perspective.

I’ll be totally honest with you and give you my opinion, that doesn’t mean what I say is ‘fact’, I want you to know I would never put something to you that I know to be untrue. I know the situation you are in and damn its hard work.

You say, ‘you do believe you are doing the right thing and you are being honest’. That is perfect, you can’t go wrong, believe in yourself, that’s all that matters, the rest will fall into place.

I can’t say how long you will be dealing with this crap, it will all be worth it at the end though, that I believe.

What I experienced was a psychopath. I couldn’t believe some of the unimaginable things that he truly believed, I needed to put myself in his weird friggn warped mind to try and work him out.

Just keep on top of everything she says, she will begin to contradict everything she says and not even realise she is doing it. You may hear 1 version of a ‘story’, but listen carefully because that 1 version becomes 10 different versions, try and pick up on the differences, you may pick up on things which are quite alarming. She will tell the young boy, not to talk about her or anything while he is with her.

That’s why I suggest he could see the School counsellor or someone he could take a book and read too, something he enjoys, he will begin to feel comfortable with this person and say things that his mother has told him not to say to his father.

Just remember the young boy may think what his mum says or does is kind of normal or normal, I do believe he is a smart boy though to say he will see his father in 3 sleeps and also 36hrs, so he either feels she is not normal or he feels unsafe, I would go with he feels unsafe. Don’t feel hurt when I say that, this is definitely not your fault.

No matter what you say or do, you will always be wrong in her eyes. Don’t let her make you second guess yourself, for real. Once you do its hook line and sinker, her weird behaviour has worked on you. I’m speaking from experience, I lived with it for about 12yrs, then dealt with it in court for another 4yrs.

Your partner? Father's son, need to realise they are masters at making you feel like it’s all you and whatever you do is wrong, I love you, you’re so lucky I’m with you, you would have no-one if you didn’t have me, blah blah blah, it goes on and on.

Philly, you and the father are a team. Not many would come into a new relationship and deal with this. You obviously care for one another a lot and Philly I believe you love the young boy. Don’t let her disrupt the relationship you all have. Keep strong and keep alert. You will do this, I can see in your post how passionate you are. I’m sending my strength to you, as they say, two heads are better than one.

You’ve got this Philly❤️

Alert

7 June 2019
If you could please give her name it will be very much appreciated.
She is in Victoria. I can give you her name if you are interested.
I can’t remember her name right now but I have kept it. If you’re interested I’ll give it to you, as I said she is in Victoria

Alert

7 June 2019
Not court ordered. Suggested. The judge suggested she she a psych, but it was not put into the orders.
Have it put in the orders, Interim Orders change, mine changed on many occasions

Alert

7 June 2019
The mother stated she had an important family event on that the son expressed he wanted to be a part of. The father didn't want his son to miss out so agreed> I understand that if there was an important family event the mother would ensure it was during 'her' time, but in all honesty, this is a loving and caring father who has good intentions and wants to do right by his son.
Philly I totally believe what you say about the father, me personally would ask the young boy, that’s me though. I believe he is old enough to make that decision. Think when you were that age, I would also put myself in my boys shoes at times.

Alert

7 June 2019
You are correct, however although extremely cunning, she isn't 'smart' and often her spiteful behaviour is to her own detriment.
You are 100% correct, she is her worst enemy. It will bite her on the ass. Just keep a step ahead of her, you will, I can feel you are prepared for her antics. If you ever feel overwhelmed you can chat with me, I’ll pick you up to be ready for the next round.

Alert

7 June 2019
Alert, you are correct in everything you have said. There is so much detail I can't even begin to describe. It seems we've lived the same paths and t seems we are acting in similar ways. It is just nice for time to time to receive that reassurance, from a third party.
Maybe we were meant to meet this way. Yesterday was the very first time I signed up, I was reading through different posts and felt a connection with yours. Today I just wanted to crawl into the phone and do a little head shaking, I was absolutely disappointed and disgusted with some comments, questions and so-called ‘facts’ made that would have been totally disheartening towards what you are experiencing.

I felt it was not sincere and I couldn’t sit here and read it without having to give my opinion, I know what you are dealing with and to have someone ask odd questions, not odd, well yes odd, and wanting to know about certain circumstances you did not mention until it was put to you in a question that was not quite a question.

I’m sure you know what I’m trying to say without saying it. I’ll keep in contact, let me know if you want the number, what I can do is ask her if she can recommend anyone who can attend the court you go to. I will need to wait until Tuesday to ring or msg her, in the meantime let me know which court you attend. Stay strong. ❤️