NSW Dodgy Seller, How can i legally approach this.

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Cold

21 June 2018
I purchased an item off a person in QLD, i live in NSW this was during October 2017. They wanted payment in two forms, one was partial payment as a bank deposit ($1000). Then the remainder as cash on pickup from auspost ($800). For a total payment of $1800. Upon opening the box the item was completely different from the item purchased. I filmed the opening of the box just in case i have that as evidence. I also have the bank statement receipt and the cash on pickup receipt. They then spinned a story about having mixed up the parcels and someone else having the item. They then cut off communication with me and also moved state i believe to the NT. To which they then relisted an identical item on their same account. I have a copy of their drivers license and all of the message conversations between us. Ive been unable to organize anything concrete in terms of how to go about this for awhile now.

Clancy

6 April 2016
Sounds like you have yourself a fraudster.

1) take it to police
2) there will likely be other people chasing this guy, mebe you can either organize or join a class action?