NSW Teacher - Will an non-child related ADVO show up on a WWC?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
11 August 2017
My ex has applied an ADVO against me because I contacted him too much after we broke up, and I'm afraid it might show up on Working with Children Checks. That is, although I'll still pass the check, employers will see I have/had an ADVO and understandably might be cautious about hiring me as a teacher.

Does anyone know if this is the case? If so, that seems like a rather big punishment for what was essentially one night of being an idiot (I refused to leave his place and made threats against myself, not him). I've since seen a psychologist and started medication.

edit: Also, advice online says it won't show up as it's not child-related. However, the lawyer I spoke to on the legal helpline said it would. I'm not sure which info's right.

11 August 2017
Update: It appears it will have an effect, from the Law Access site, as the order was made by the police:

If a defendant is applying for a job that involves children and there is a Final AVO against them (where the AVO application was made by the police or another public official), the defendant's record will be considered by the employer.

So if it's granted, my career's in jeopardy ... I feel like even my ex wouldn't want that.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I dont thnk u should worry. I am a nsw det teacher. So my ex took an avo against me 4 yrs ago. I had to get my wwc done this yr and it didnt show up