VIC Secure Airport Parking and staff stole my vehicle

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Anthony Murray

10 April 2018
Dear forum members

My first post.

The scenario is: I parked at a private Secured Aiport Parking organisation near Melbourne Airport. Upon our return we were told ours and 3 other vehicles were stolen during a change over in management.

Having investigated this, the other company doesn't show on ASIC as the owner and it turns out it's a dual operation anyway, their websites both show the same address.

Having spoken to Consumer Affairs Victoria, they say this is a breach of consumer protection (section 60).

I have been emailing the company as advised, and they are saying that (legally) they took over the day after the theft occurred.

My question is, do I take both organisations to VCAT to get my costs covered? What about damages, this has caused emotional distress to the entire family (especially 2 young kids).

Thanks, Tony

457Visafraud

16 April 2017
I parked at a private Secured Aiport Parking organisation near Melbourne Airport. Upon our return we were told ours and 3 other vehicles were stolen during a change over in management.
This is a complicate matter where the scam company changes legal name to another company and keeps on doing scams, I wouldn't exclude they stole the cars.
How did the new company know that 3 cars were stolen ho told them?
Firstly you go to Police and make a complaint and get an investigation done.
Secondly, if you can't find the previous company anymore, it means they do it on purpose and you can't get nothing back because legally speaking there is no business anymore nor any asset.
Employing a Lawyer most probably will cost you more than what you can achieve.
Sorry for what happened, anytime I go to airport I always go by taxi or shuttle and leave my car "securely" parked at my home.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au