VIC Noise on Kia sorrento

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

marie2020

24 January 2020
Hi , I bought a new car from kia dealership a year ago , shortly after I noticed a noise which I asked them to look at when they did the free service , they did not find anything. The noise is intermittent for the last year so again at the next service asked them to look at noise which now they are not doing as said it is a chacteristic of the car. What are my options as they will not even look into the noise , have also contacted kia Australia who spoke to the service manager and then told me exactly the same . I have asked who proved that the noise be a charceteristic and their qualification and also on which vehicles (model, year) it is a characteristic of . He came back and said senior technician but could not tell me which car models . if they will not even look into the noise on my car specifically what options do i have ?

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
It depends on what sort of noise and what the cause of it is. Cars make noise, and there’s lots of moving parts - any of which could be the source.

if it’s a failing part, then it will generally be a warranty Issue which should be covered. If it’s a ‘body rattle’ then you’re out of luck, you just have to put up with those. There could even be a non-mechanical cause such as the types of roads you’re travelling on, the speed you’re travelling at causing a resonance issue, and so on.

marie2020

24 January 2020
It depends on what sort of noise and what the cause of it is. Cars make noise, and there’s lots of moving parts - any of which could be the source.

if it’s a failing part, then it will generally be a warranty Issue which should be covered. If it’s a ‘body rattle’ then you’re out of luck, you just have to put up with those. There could even be a non-mechanical cause such as the types of roads you’re travelling on, the speed you’re travelling at causing a resonance issue, and so on.

thanks for replying

listen for the whirring noise

that is a link to the noise on somebody else’s car on YouTube but same as on mine which they found a fix to . It’s definitely not a noise that should be their .