QLD Issues with Ex - Child Safety

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rickardo

12 January 2019
Currently in a very high conflict and toxic parenting relationship with a narcissistic ex and have been for the last 4 years. I have had to block her from all forms of communication except via parenting app. During this time I have had a false allegation made against me relating to my Daughter that never eventuated and now another issue has come up relating to my Son which I am hoping to get some help with. I will outline the scenario below:

Son came to stay with partner and I for the night and it came to bed time 9:30PM (he is 8 years old) After trying to get him to go to bed since 8:30, I advised him that it was now time to put his phone away and go to sleep. He resisted and I had to take the phone from him which I did, and he was annoyed that it was taken off of him. Woke up in the morning, everything was fine, we went for breakfast and a coffee then I dropped him to school. Later the following evening I receive a message from my ex advising that Son had stated that I had hurt him when I took the phone off of him and that he no longer feels safe in our house. She also advised that she was going to arrange for him to see guidance officer/teacher to see if it should be reported to child safety. I have spoken to my Son on the phone after the incident and all appeared ok and we had planned for him to come back over today for two nights. I then receive a message stating that Son does not want to come over and that the ex had received a phone call from child safety to also report the information (3 days after apparently reporting to the school).

I have no idea what to do now. I have always had a great relationship with my Son and I literally took his phone off of him so he went to bed at a reasonable time. I have yet to hear anything from child safety and I am still unsure if the ex is just making this up to upset me or not. No idea if child safety would act within 3 days of a report being made? I have found there is a direct correlation with the Ex making things difficult etc to when we are going away for a holiday or doing something fun with the kids. I am now in a situation where the ex is controlling if and when I can speak to my Son and that he is no longer coming over. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Do you have court orders? Some background would assist.