Child Safety Qld

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AlanN

20 December 2022
I've got a question relating to child safety

I use to be a foster carer for 10 years but 4 years ago a foster child in our care made child abuse accusations against me, I was removed from my family with no evidence and also charged me on here say I spend over 3 years of court adjournments and ended in a big trial.
I was found not guilty and the child in question was found to be lieing about everything so she could live with her biological mother. In the 3 years of court I ended up having a mental health break down and losing my kids to child safety care due to them saying I am a risk to my children with my mental health.
Around 6 months ago I met a new woman and we decided to move in together to start a new life for my self and work on getting my children home in my care, then aroubd a month ago child safety come to my new partner and told her I am a child predator and that her children are at risk of me sexually abusing them so they removed me from our house for a second time in 4 years, they told me the law is different to child safety and that they don't take the not guilty verdict from the court but make there own substantial evidence.

I really do not know what to do as I was not convicted of any claim made against me yet I am still being treated like a predator in child safetys eyes

AlanN

20 December 2022
How did they know you moved in with the new partner?
I didn't know that she was having issues with child safety and when they seen I have moved in asked for my name and I didn't realise I was put down as a risk for children

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Looks a little like overreach to me by Child Safety.

What is your case status? Is there an active case in the Children's Court?

Are you still wanting a relationship with the woman in question considering your first post was 6 months ago?