NSW What to Expect from DPP Meeting?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Arche

20 March 2015
Hi Joh,

Like any witness, you need to tell the DPP the truth as best you can. This may head off any possible problems later.

Re your other question yes you can ask what plea has been entered. It sounds as though this case hasn't even reached committal stage (in the Local Court) so quite likely he has not yet pleaded either way.

Also, if you seek legal advice, it needs to be a NSW solicitor since this case appears to be in NSW.

JOH

10 October 2016
Hi Joh,

Like any witness, you need to tell the DPP the truth as best you can. This may head off any possible problems later.

Re your other question yes you can ask what plea has been entered. It sounds as though this case hasn't even reached committal stage (in the Local Court) so quite likely he has not yet pleaded either way.

Also, if you seek legal advice, it needs to be a NSW solicitor since this case appears to be in NSW.

Hi Mary,

Yes I will tell the DPP at the meeting because I feel that it might cause problems in the trial... Do you think that I may be prosecuted for this even though I was 15 and it was honestly just a spur of the moment thing not intending to falsely accuse anyone of anything..?

In your opinion, how likely is it that this might turn out to be a big problem for me?

Please be honest...

Thanks again..