QLD Police Officer Provided False Statements - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Charmer

17 December 2017
Hi

I have never been arrested or charged with anything in my life (49 years old) until August 2015. The matter is still before the District Court and the Arresting Officer was recently cross examined in a pre-trial hearing. The officer admitted that he provided a false statement and also certified a QP9 that was not true or accurate.

I made a complaint in July 2015 to the Crime and Corruption Commission and QPS they both advised no action would be taken against the officer whilst the matter is still before the court. in the region of 40 adjournments. I can not insure any of my assets and drive with rego only.

This officer was promoted and used my case as an example to become a detective.

How do I know all this? Because he admitted it. The judge made no referral for action and the DPP Counsel has happily continued with the case against me. After paying thousands of dollars I could no longer afford legal representation and I am now self represented.

A trial started two weeks ago and it was like Keystone cops. The Officer in the case has been telling witnesses what to expect and also that I have made a complaint against him. He threatened me within 4 hours of meeting me and it has gone down hill since then. The forensic evidence (Not that there was anything for me to worry about) - has been ruled unsafe due to the police contaminating it and not sealing it correctly. This has been admitted on oath.

Within 36 hours the police told the insurance company I was the prime and only suspect. The insurance company did not comply with a subpoena and then advised the DPP that the audio recordings that proved my allegations against the police and the wrongdoings of the insurance company had been destroyed- ten days before the trial was due to start.

My question - what the hell do I do? Why will no one take action against this corrupt officer? Who should charge him with perjury? I thought about arresting him myself but the arrest requires a warrant to be issued. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Both the Commission and the QPS advised that no action would be taken while the matter is still before the court - as you said. Unless you have some evidence to bring to them that this officer is unlawfully attempting to affect the prosecution of the case, I would suggest that you have your answer why nothing is happening.

Do not attempt to arrest the officer yourself. That will not end well for you.