QLD Protection Order Against Me from Ex - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Time101

10 July 2017
Hi telco

I honestly think she will drop it before the court date of trial or on the day. Stand your ground. Judge will see straight through her and you'll be in the clear.

Like I said before, to be granted a VRO, she needs to prove that you are still a threat.

She won't win.

Good luck.

Keep us posted.

telcoguy1

28 October 2017
Hi telco

I honestly think she will drop it before the court date of trial or on the day.
Stand your ground.
Judge will see straight through her and you'll be in the clear.
Like I said before to be granted a vro she needs to prove that you are still a treat.

She won't win.

Good luck.
Keep us posted.
Thanks . I will. Barrister is all set to go with me on the mentions then the trial.

telcoguy1

28 October 2017
Hi telco

I honestly think she will drop it before the court date of trial or on the day.
Stand your ground.
Judge will see straight through her and you'll be in the clear.
Like I said before to be granted a vro she needs to prove that you are still a treat.

She won't win.

Good luck.
Keep us posted.
Do you know about statute of limitations for these by any chance?

telcoguy1

28 October 2017
Welcome to the Queensland legal system, it's a complete crock... Judges just want to stay employed, along with all their mates in the legal system...

Anyways, you were advised that this would end up going to trial, but once again don't be surprised if they pull the pin on it at the 11th hour. Now the waste of tax payers dollars begins, and the police have to do some actual police work, and you will have to make sure you follow up on getting a copy of the the "updated" QP9 at least a week before trial so you can see what information they are relying on.
Just confirming. It wasn’t the police who wrote this up. It was just her.

Migz

20 November 2016
Telcoguy1 what are you saying? "it wasn't the police who wrote this up. It was just her." So who served the paperwork on you? I thought you said the police called you up and gave you paperwork...whats exactly going on?

telcoguy1

28 October 2017
Telcoguy1 what are you saying? "it wasn't the police who wrote this up. It was just her." So who served the paperwork on you? I thought you said the police called you up and gave you paperwork...whats exactly going on?
The police called me yes. However she is the one who filled out the paperwork. / gave information. Is there not two kinds? One where the police do some work or?
I have been told it’s a civil case.