QLD Protection Order Against Me from Ex - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Migz

20 November 2016
All intervention orders are civil maters until you breach the orders...then its a criminal matter.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
There are two methods of applying for a DVO in Queensland - either privately by the aggrieved (or a representative thereof), or by the police. Neither has more or less weight than the other, but if your last contact with her was four years ago, then it's very likely the Court will throw it out on grounds that you don't pose an ongoing threat to her.

telcoguy1

28 October 2017
There are two methods of applying for a DVO in Queensland - either privately by the aggrieved (or a representative thereof), or by the police. Neither has more or less weight than the other, but if your last contact with her was four years ago, then it's very likely the Court will throw it out on grounds that you don't pose an ongoing threat to her.
She’s claimed fake accounts that’s what I’m worried about. None are mine but get what I mean?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok - so the onus of proof is on the police / prosecutor... If they can not establish any link between you and the fake accounts then there are no grounds

telcoguy1

28 October 2017
Ok - so the onus of proof is on the police / prosecutor... If they can not establish any link between you and the fake accounts then there are no grounds

A friend made one years ago when he was 14. It’s listed there but there’s nothing sent from it and it was deleted.

As for the recent claims. None have anything to do with me.

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
How has this situation gone? I would be keen to read and update if you have the time. Similar situation here.

telcoguy1

28 October 2017
Hey. Ended up being withdrawn before the pre trial mentions.

I didn’t find out until the day of the hearing... weird on behalf of QPS

Migz

20 November 2016
Well well well what do you... I believe I said the following earlier...... "Be wary of the fact as well that they have been known to drop a case the day before court... Why? Because in these instances the respondent has shelled out big dollars on legal fees and if they drop the case then you cant have costs awarded to you. Just more crap that goes in the Queensland Legal System..."

What a complete load of crap this whole justice system has become. Hope you sleep easy now telcoguy and you dodnt shell put to much money fighting this bogus crap

Cheers