NSW Need your help please

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Samer

6 November 2019
Hi all
My name is Sam from NSW, im seperated from my ex partner and I have a 4 year old child who lives with me 3 days a week and 4 days a week with the mother. Recently the mother has been reported by some one to FACS and FACS got involved. The police have raided the house with a search warrant searching for weapons, my ex brother has been in jail and bailed to my ex address and her partner also on bail to the same address. The police found ice drug, big knife in lounges and white powder in sealed bag in the childs room (hasnt been confirmed whether it is drugs or not by police). Few days later the brother died of suspected drug overdose, the partner has been charged with drugs supplies, tested possitive once for ice while on bail, the mother tested possitive for ice twice and they both denied even after the reaults came back. After the brothers death my child mother and her partner blamed the late brother for all what has been found by police. The partner has been charged with stabbing few years ago and recently got stabbed by some one. FACS removed my child from her aunts house while the mother and her partner were in hospital. FACS have placed the child with me being the safe parent however they asked the childrens court for interim order for the minister untill further assesments on me and my houshold and family members. I consented to the order and the mother also did. FACS are working with me for supervised visits and i am co operating with all their requests and work. My child is healthy and well when she ia with me. My question is where do you think this would be going and what is your advice in regards to preparing evidence for myself being good parent beaidea FACS evidence? What steps should i do to prepare the affidavit and should i represent myself at court for hearing or not? Any reaponse is much appreciated and if you have advice and tips thank you in advance

Atticus

6 February 2019
My question is where do you think this would be going and what is your advice in regards to preparing evidence for myself being good parent beaidea FACS evidence?
The main concern would be that the child is living in a healthy, stable environment when in your care... If you can provide evidence of this, such as how long you have lived there, doe's she have her own room, is it a good neighborhood, who else lives there & their relationship to you, stable employment, that sort of thing
What steps should i do to prepare the affidavit and should i represent myself at court for hearing or not?
Always get solid legal advice from a lawyer & have them represent the facts for you if at all possible is my advice.... Otherwise you may be able to get some guidance from a community legal center >>> Community Legal Centres - Legal Aid NSW

Samer

6 November 2019
Thank you Atticus for the reply
The child is healthy, she has her own room, stable good environment and i have proof or it, she lives with the father, aunt and grandmother and will be living qith step mother. I have stable employment with good repetation. I take her to child care 3 days a week. All my family members have no criminal history but the mothers side have long criminal history from expanded family members such as grandmother, uncles. In regards to legal aid i dont think ill be eligible as i work ful time and the legal aid solicitor said its unlikely ill be eligible for legal aid grant or solicitor

sammy01

27 September 2015
forget proof. you can't prove something that isn't real... True?
So your home is safe? Sweet, just keep doing what you're doing