NSW Facs denied me visits with m y kids for 5 years

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

michelle82

1 July 2023
Facs removed my kids from my ex-partner and the court awarded me monthly visits and facs have denied me those visits for the past 5 years . It's been almost 6 years since I saw my children and they never gave me a chance to work with them they never told me anything about being able to work with them I was young and didn't know my rights I trusted my family law court layer she said the o ly way to get my kids back was to surrender them to the state or so I can reserve a right to cum back to court at a later date and if I didn't I wouldn't ever be able to get my kids back again. They were not removed from my care they were removed from my ex. They never tried to give me an opportunity to work with them . They only ever called me up to take a drug test which I did and failed but this was after the kids were already removed and because of that they never gave me the chance to work with them to get my kids back