NSW Mother in law shouted to my kids

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lela

5 August 2018
Hi Everyone,
I am starting separating with my husband,My mother(monster) in law who lives with us together recently became very aggressive and abusive after I told her I wanted the custody of our children if we get divorced.
She shouted to my kids(from previous marriage)and me when my husband was not home.she yelled to my 10 and 5years old boy:Don’t call me grandma,I m not your grandma.your mother is a b***h.I will tell everyone i know include everybody in your school and your mothers working place.etc.
My kids got very scared,and I couldnt stoped her talking.Since she think the property we are living in now was contributed by her and solely under my husbands name.so she think she has the rights to stay here,and all she want is kick us out.
If this happened to us again next time,can I call police?I am worried that if police left and they didn’t do much things,things will get even worse...

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok so firstly, sorry for the situation you find yourself it.
BUT it appears that you think you should be able to stay in the family home and the ex and his mum have to leave???

you told her you wanted full custody of the kids? and she started screaming at you? U'm what would you do if someone told you that they were going to try and remove some of their family from you?

My advice don't engage in conversations about this stuff with mother in law and start working out a plan on where you're gonna live because it is unreasonable to expect to stay living in that house and start realising that while you might want custody of the kids you're very unlikely to get it.

Lela

5 August 2018
ok so firstly, sorry for the situation you find yourself it.
BUT it appears that you think you should be able to stay in the family home and the ex and his mum have to leave???

you told her you wanted full custody of the kids? and she started screaming at you? U'm what would you do if someone told you that they were going to try and remove some of their family from you?

My advice don't engage in conversations about this stuff with mother in law and start working out a plan on where you're gonna live because it is unreasonable to expect to stay living in that house and start realising that while you might want custody of the kids you're very unlikely to get it.
DW,We had a good talk and moving next week.Thanks for your advice