NSW Lie about husband mental health

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Pue

30 December 2020
I remember just now the police record the whole incident with the camera ( attach) to their chest) Just a quick question would my husband has the record on him of suffering from mental health? Should I ring the police and find out first before admit to anything?
Thanks

Atticus

6 February 2019
Assuming your husband hasn’t voluntarily gone with police for an assessment, the police would have on his file a custody report & an emergency examination authority… being a parent of a child, the police would have also had to consider their obligations under the child protection act & the DFV act

…. In short, we (including yourself) don’t know the extent of the reports on police file, or if or what other notifications were made to whom & stating what. Also, whatever is on his file at the mental health facility he attended …. ALL based on a lie.

You need to talk to police & have the file updated to clear his name

Pue

30 December 2020
Thanks so much for your advice. I'm planning to go to the police station this afternoon. Another question to ask; should I sign anything the police ask me to? What should I say to them if I don't want to sign it?

Atticus

6 February 2019
should I sign anything the police ask me to? What should I say to them if I don't want to sign it?
Doubt they will need you to, but, if they do & you don't fully understated what you are signing, tell them you want a copy to take away to get legal advice first.

CooperPerry

13 February 2024
That's a tough situation. It's understandable you're feeling torn about what happened. Maybe consider contacting the hospital first, explaining your concerns and desire to set things right. Mistakes happen, and it's brave to want to make amends.

CooperPerry

13 February 2024
However, I think your husband is frustrated about it, and I can't blame him. I can't even decide whose side I should take here (do I have bipolar disorder?). Maybe consider contacting the hospital first, explaining your concerns and desire to set things right. Mistakes happen, and it's brave to want to make amends. Take it one step at a time.