department of housing

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is a Cabinet department in the executive branch of the United States federal government. Although its beginnings were in the House and Home Financing Agency, it was founded as a Cabinet department in 1965, as part of the "Great Society" program of President Lyndon Johnson, to develop and execute policies on housing and metropolises.

View More On
  1. C

    NSW Department of housing breached contract

    Hi, When I moved in 21 years ago I was 8 months pregnant. The previous tenants were drug addicts and there was burn marks on every bench and all over the carpet. There also was insulation throughout the house as someone had broken in. There was a car full of rubbish in the back yard and grass up...
  2. J

    QLD Department of housing

    Is it illegal to rent out a property from the department of housing if so what is the consequences, i have a neibours who is squatting and renting of the person who is renting there.
  3. Z

    NSW How to Take Department of Housing to Court?

    I have been diagnosed with depression since 2005, and I have seen 3 psychiatrists where I tried a few medications . In 01/02/2016, I ran into a problem with the landlord. I stopped paying rent for 2 weeks, so he gave me an eviction letter. So I contacted the Department of Housing (Housing NSW)...
  4. J

    Can I Dispose of Other People's Belongings under Property Law?

    I helped a friend who had become homeless. She and her family stayed with me for 18 months, she got a department of housing house not to far from me in July last year. I had my son help move most of her belongings that she left behind at Christmas time just past. My problem is Department of...
  5. J

    WA Department of Housing - Compensation for Neglectful Maintenance?

    1. We have lived in a homeswest house (Department of Housing) now for 13 years, my children were 6, 4 and 2 when we moved in and shortly after we moved in, the back fence was identified by homeswest contractors as blue asbestos, it is cracked, broken and neighbours has drilled thru it...
  6. J

    VIC Department of Housing (Human Services) Nosey Neighbour - What to do?

    I have been living for thirty years in a Department of Housing (Human Services) house. From the moment l moved in my neighbour has been an absolute horror. She complains to the Dept. if my grass on the front is getting too long. She has complained to the local council about items left on my...