Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
  1. T

    VIC Being Bullied by Child Protection to Get IVO - Help?

    Hi all, I am currently in emergency housing due to my partner unintentionally hurting my young children, due to anger of parents divorce issues (that’s lasted over 6 years). Since being in emergency housing, my partner has finally been able to see his mum knowing that’s the trigger to his...
  2. E

    VIC Separated from Alcoholic Husband with Legal Aid - Help?

    Hey, I’m wanting some help, please. I separated from my husband in Nov 2018 (married since 2005) with my 12-year-old son & moved interstate to be with family for support. Ex is an alcoholic & I could no longer put up with the emotional & mental abuse towards myself & my son. Ex also has a sex...
  3. R

    NSW Charged with Larceny - Will Magistrate Consider My Medical Record?

    I have been suffering from depression and anxiety and I am charged with 5 counts of Larceny. Would the Magistrate consider my medical report and discharge me with section 32? Any information would be highly appreciated, thank you.
  4. purplemarshmallow

    WA Evidence - Is It Worth Pursuing This r**e Case?

    I was raped by a friend a couple of years ago, whilst I was high (and he was not). There's no physical evidence, but I read that evidence of 'change' and impact on the victim could be used. I have messages between me and friends, and him, questioning whether it was r**e (with him saying things...
  5. S

    VIC Aged Parent Visa and Parent Visa Questions

    Hello, I am looking to get a more in-depth understanding of the Aged Parent visa (subclass 804) and the Partner visa 820/801, which is how I ended up on this forum. The Partner visa will be for me and the Aged Parent Visa will be for my parents. Based on the background information that I have...
  6. S

    VIC Bullied Whistle Blower of Child Exploitation Boss - What to Do?

    Hi there. First time posting. I wish to take legal proceedings against my workplace after a series of events which escalated severely after I reported a lower management level supervisor (aged in his fifties) for showing me child pornography and clearly detailing his sexual dealings with...
  7. N

    WA Accident at Woolworths - Claim Costs for Medical Expenses?

    Hello. I'm new here so I hope this all works. 3 months ago while shopping in Woolworths, I had a bad trip that damaged my body. I was at the checkout when I noticed that a bag of beans was cut open and it was easier to get a new one myself. As I was walking to the fruit and veggies, I was...
  8. T

    NSW How to Get Money Back from SDRO?

    The SDRO just garnished all of the money in my account. However, almost all of $551 they took was actually bond money that was due to be paid to someone else. It was in my savings bank account, waiting to be paid to an outgoing subtenant. Evidence: - The amount in the savings account was the...
  9. C

    NSW Suing Real Estate Agents for Stress and Anxiety?

    Hello. My husband and I experience tremendous stress and anxiety that comes in addition to a chronic depression associated with serious health concerns because of our previous Real Estate and we wonder if we can sue it for Stress and Anxiety. It started with our Bond that the Real Estate...
  10. K

    racism at work ignored by managers i now have depression

    I have been working with my company now for almost 10 years. About a year ago my current supervisor was making racial comments to me and my colleagues, these highly offended me so I reported them to the State Manager and she did not take action despite multiple emails and notices on the boards...