VIC ICL Requesting Psychiatric Report - Criteria to be Met?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Look mate...if this is how you carry on in court and to the ICL, no wonder they are asking for you to be tested. Which part of you can be made to pay do you not understand? Which part of the what you quoted being in relation to funding do you not understand?

You won't win any cases acting like this. It's not a game where you get back slapped for scoring points via what you "think".. What you "think" actually means very little in the game you are playing (court).

Sticking my hand up for testing won me my case and now my son lives with me but you carry on living in La La Land.

Malissla

24 April 2018
Look mate...if this is how you carry on in court and to the ICL No wonder they are asking for you to be tested. Which part of you can be made to pay do you not understand? Which part of the what you quoted be9ng in relstion to finding do you not inderstand?

You won't win any cases acting like this. It's not a game where you get back slapped for scoring points

What part of I was not ask to pay do you not understand? What part of it isn't about the funding, it's about the criteria for funding do you not understand? I have never lost any part of my case during the 8 years it has been ongoing. honestly if you have nothing intelligent to add troll another thread.

And just to make the point, I was asked if I would consent to an assessment and I said no. I do not need an assessment, I do not need to rely upon being a victim of domestic violence to win a case.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Wow, you come across as really bitter and angry but I will continue... Did you win the bit about refusing the psychological testing? Because if you count that as a win. Let me reassure you it was a loss, and a spectacularly stupid one too. Now there will just be orders made and you will have a hostile ICL and a judge who thinks you are argumentative (along with me and probably a few others)

As for Trolling, there is nothing worse than someone who simply wants yes men to agree with everything they say in relation to family court matters. It is also quite silly. But you carry on Mr know it all.

I note you say "my children" above... That sums you up nicely

Malissla

24 April 2018
Wow, you come across as really bitter and angry but i will continue.... Did you win the bit about refusing the psychological testing? Because if you count that as a win.. let me reassure you it was a LOSS, and a spectacularly stupid one too. Now there will just be orders made and you will have a hostile ICL and a judge who thinks you are argumentative (along with me and probably a few others)

As for Trolling, there is nothing worse than someone who simply wants yes men to agree with everything they say in relation to family court matters. It is also quite silly. But you carry on Mr know it all.

No. No order was made because I did not consent. In eight years its been in front of nine judges in three courts. Im not in the business of being a people pleaser. I'm there for one thing and one thing only, the best interests of my children. I posted an enquiry if you cannot address that issue then you're done here?

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
I am very far from done....

my children.
There you go again

posted an enquiry if you cannot address that issue then you're done here?
More than one person has answered you, you just dont like the answer

Here is my guess on why you were asked to be tested, and its definitely not for the bizarre reasons you are mentioning:

You are a controlling know it all bully who not only considers children your possession but who thinks they can use legislation to worm their way out of things and to belittle actual professionals. You have been picked by the ICL and they want to expose you for the rude control freak you probably are so THE (not your) kids do not suffer psychological harm.

That would be a pretty good guess i would say based on your behaviour on here. What you do not realise is there are lots of angry dads like you out there, you are two a penny. Some manage to change their mindset though and actually dont end up in court for 8 years being mentally tested :-D

Malissla

24 April 2018
I am very far from done....

There you go again

More than one person has answered you, you just dont like the answer

Here is my guess on why you were asked to be tested, and its definitely not for the bizarre reasons you are mentioning:

You are a controlling know it all bully who not only considers children your possession but who thinks they can use legislation to worm their way out of things and to belittle actual professionals. You have been picked by the ICL and they want to expose you for the rude control freak you probably are so THE (not your) kids do not suffer psychological harm.

That would be a pretty good guess i would say based on your behaviour on here. What you do not realise is there are lots of angry dads like you out there, you are two a penny. Some manage to change their mindset though and actually dont end up in court for 8 years being mentally tested :-D

No one has yet posted the criteria in relation to Victoria Legal Aid, so I have not received the correct reply to the question posted. No one asked you to guess anything and frankly I don't care what you think. I have not attempted - as you put it - to worm my way out of anything, and as for belittling professionals I say it how it is, if the truth offends you then perhaps this isn't the best place for you? No sorry, not "the kids" my kids, I am the mother and they are my kids thank you, they are also the fathers kids. "Angry dads like you"? I am the mother, had you of being paying due diligence you would of realised. I have been in court for 8 years because unfortunately the father is very much like you, a narcissist.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Why don’t you call Legal Aid Victoria and ask? Since you’re a strong, independent woman and all that.

Complex16

27 July 2016
I imagine they request one if they believe it will assist and perhaps there have been allegations made by one or both of you as to the other party's mental health? A qualified psychiatrist is a trained professional (will make no commentary on the "hired gun" aspect). They are able to ask questions in order to receive telling responses that can allude or even clearly uncover issues that other non-trained people wouldn't necessarily pick up on.

I note you have refused the assessment - any chance you would reconsider? Personally I don't believe it is anything to be fearful of, if your case is as strong as you say it is, could it possibly help?

I spent just 45 minutes with the psychiatrist that conducted the assessments in my matter and assume the other party spent roughly the same amount of time with him. His assessment and report was spot on.

All the best.

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
Disclaimer: I don't practice in family law.

If the Court considers it to be in the interests of the welfare of the child, they can order that a psychiatric examination be undertaken. The Courts have confirmed powers under ss68B, 65D, 67ZC and 114 of the Act to order that a party attend upon a psychiatrist.

In my (limited) understanding it is rare for the Court to specify a particular psychiatrist as that would limit the order and make the parties have to return for further orders, and therefore delay proceedings, if the named psychiatrist was unavailable for any reason.

That appears to be the length and breadth of it - whatever the judge thinks is in the best interests of the child. If that seems too 'open ended' for you then, well, welcome to family law.

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
Lots of great answers in this thread wasted on a very angry woman

, I am the mother

Then you must have severe problems to be the position you are in now and refusing to do a psychiatric test won't help your cause even if I did make a mistake in your gender

If you are anything like this in real life there is your problem