SA ICL Involvement for an Updated Family Report?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

okanynameyouwishthen

12 February 2015
Austral
Hey all. 7 or 8 months ago attended a court ordered family report appointment .The family court has ordered another done before final hearing begins in few months.

Since the first report compiled & now there has been an ICL put in place for child who has been involved to extent of interviewing child & child's counsellor's & arranging for visitation to progress from where it was before she was appointed & interviewing/inducting those whom were to be supervisors of visits.

What involvement does ICL have with Family Report author ? As in does she divulge to the F.R author her interview/opinion with them?

Reading the Australian Standards of Practice for Family Assessment and Reporting, on page 8 is this

" 1a. If the family assessment has been ordered by a court then the court order,
the Court’s policies and professional directions can describe the scope and
purpose of the assessment, and should be applied. Private family assessors
being briefed for a report should seek and be provided with all necessary
information by the parties or their legal representatives, or through the
independent children’s lawyer where one has been appointed.
"

I had my interview & I don't recall the F.R. author making any mention of the ICL to be honest.

Cheers

AllForHer

23 July 2014
All documents developed by any party as part of court proceedings must be shared with all parties to those proceedings. This includes the ICL. Thus, a copy of the family report will be provided to you, the other party and the ICL.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Sorry, additionally, the ICL doesn't ordinarily provide input in a family report. Rather, the family report helps provide input to the ICL in working out what's best for the kids.