LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

SA ICL Involvement for an Updated Family Report?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by okanynameyouwishthen, 14 April 2015.

1. okanynameyouwishthen

okanynameyouwishthen Well-Known Member

Hey all. 7 or 8 months ago attended a court ordered family report appointment .The family court has ordered another done before final hearing begins in few months.

Since the first report compiled & now there has been an ICL put in place for child who has been involved to extent of interviewing child & child's counselor's & arranging for visitation to progress from where it was before she was appointed & interviewing/inducting those whom were to be supervisors of visits.

What involvement does ICL have with Family Report author ? As in does she divulge to the F.R author her interview/opinion with them?

Reading the Australian Standards of Practice for Family Assessment and Reporting, on page 8 is this

" 1a. If the family assessment has been ordered by a court then the court order,
    the Court’s policies and professional directions can describe the scope and
    purpose of the assessment, and should be applied. Private family assessors
    being briefed for a report should seek and be provided with all necessary
    information by the parties or their legal representatives, or through the
    independent children’s lawyer where one has been appointed.
    "

I had my interview & I don't recall the F.R. author making any mention of the ICL to be honest.

Cheers

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

All documents developed by any party as part of court proceedings must be shared with all parties to those proceedings. This includes the ICL. Thus, a copy of the family report will be provided to you, the other party and the ICL.

3. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

Sorry, additionally, the ICL doesn't ordinarily provide input in a family report. Rather, the family report helps provide input to the ICL in working out what's best for the kids.

4. okanynameyouwishthen

okanynameyouwishthen Well-Known Member

Cheers for that. I hate this despicable child unfocussed corrupt b**lsh*t a bit more everyday. Shame on humanity !!!!!!!!!!