ICL contacting court expert after being removed from the matter

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Davidfc007

26 November 2019
I submitted an Application in a Case to the Family Court of Australia to remove the ICL representing my daughter. The ICL consented to the application which was heard before Justice Forrestt in February 2020, in which he made an order that stated "ICL be released from her duties as the ICL".

One week after the order by Justice Forrest, the same ICL sent the court expert (Consultant Psychiatrist) court records about me. This was after the court expert has completed an assessment on the mother and father as ordered by the court.

My question, is it lawful for an ICL to be contacting the court expect after they have been released from their duties by the court? and if so, what law, standard, code and/or rules did they break?

I have asked the court and the ICL did not apply to the court to send the court expert court records after they had been released as the ICL.

Thank you

GlassHalfFull

28 August 2018
That's way above my pay grade, but it could be that this was an obligation the ICL had to the case prior to being removed from it? Maybe it would have actually been negligent to have not done so, since the SEW would have effectively only had part of the required information? That could be a valid argument I suppose, but I'm certainly not qualified to say anything with authority.