NSW Finding Ex's Hidden Bank Account

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rusty

28 October 2014
How do I find out if my ex has money hidden in a bank account she isn't telling me about?

AnnaLJ

16 July 2014
Hi Rusty

You may need to provide some context here. Are you going through a property settlement at the moment?

mintxx

28 October 2014
If proceedings have not been issued, while there is a duty of full and frank disclosure of financial matters at all times in negotiations, little can be done if your requests for information are not afforded adequate response. If you have a genuine and substantial cause to believe that significant moneys are held in undisclosed accounts such as would significantly (>5%) alter the size of the asset pool and they are simply not going to be disclosed or their disposal accounted for, issue proceedings and file either a subpoena to all of the major banks (or whoever you suspect they hold accounts with - once you have some information transfers between accounts will generally lead you to the rest) or a notice to produce documents to the other party - if the latter is issued first and met with denial a subpoena will then be helpful in establishing the credibility or otherwise of the other party.