joint

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
A joint or articulation (or articular surface) is the connection made between bones in the body which link the skeletal system into a functional whole. They are constructed to allow for different degrees and types of movement. Some joints, such as the knee, elbow, and shoulder, are self-lubricating, almost frictionless, and are able to withstand compression and maintain heavy loads while still executing smooth and precise movements. Other joints such as sutures between the bones of the skull permit very little movement (only during birth) in order to protect the brain and the sense organs. The connection between a tooth and the jawbone is also called a joint, and is described as a fibrous joint known as a gomphosis. Joints are classified both structurally and functionally.

View More On Wikipedia.org
  1. J

    NSW Shares - joint holdings

    Hi, the deceased has a will leaving everything to one party. They also hold a substantial joint share holding with this party. I know with joint holdings the beneficiary is the surviving joint holder. In this situation though does the value of the joint holding require to be added to probate and...
  2. A

    WA Home & contents insurance claim proceeding but policy has only one of two names on the title deed.

    X partner has Home & contents insurance on joint house that burnt down, am I entitled to any monies as I am on the title deed? Or could she just pay her half of whats owing on the morgage & walk away leaving me with a debt & no where to live? How can an insurance company payout 355k to only...
  3. B

    Trying to pre-empt a dispute over joint ownership of my car

    Hi all, About two years ago I was given a second-hand, old (late 90s) car by my mother. In case her own car was ever damaged or written off, the car was registered and insured in both our names. Roughly nine months ago, after my relationship with her had turned abusive, I left home with not...
  4. D

    NSW joint custody

    At what age will a court give consideration to the opinions of a child?. My 6+ yo grandson hates going to his fathers house. The man is a narcissist and bully who enjoys belittling the boy. When can the boy's choice to spend less time with his dad be considered by the Family Court?
  5. M

    QLD Solicitor not communicating to Joint Executors

    Good morning, My sister is a joint executor of a will. The other executor is the husband who is also a beneficiary. The estate (super) is going equally to her young daughters (in trust) with a percentage going to the husband. My sister recently received correspondence from the solicitor and...
  6. F

    VIC Joint executors and beneficiaries

    OK - The will states "I DIRECT my Trusties to sell my unit ..." (emphasis as printed) to date no probate has been applied for and the relocatable DPU resides on one 1 trustees property. There are several joint executors & trusties (they are the only beneficiaries listed and are all executors &...
  7. N

    QLD Joint bank account after the divorce

    I have been divorced two months ago and before separation, that is three years ago, my ex and I have opened a joint bank account in which now only my savings are there. After separation, he requested me to sign the withdrawal form as he needs money and taken off his savings out. Now, even when I...
  8. H

    VIC Owning property both as a tenant in common and as a joint proprietor

    Is anyone aware if an owner can own 1/4 share of a property as a tenant in common whilst being a joint proprietor in the 3/4 balance share with 2 other additional co owners? I.E: owner A owns 25% of the property whilst the remaining 75% of the property is jointly owned by owner A, B & C.
  9. F

    NSW New Joint Practice Direction 15/01/2021

    Joint Practice Direction 1 of 2021 - The COVID-19 List - Family Court of Australia can someone please explain what this means?..... I'm hoping my recovery order may be considered under this.
  10. O

    ACT Joint finance and ownership with expartner

    #1 Joint finance and joint registration of car with former partner. She has been paying the finance since we seperated. I now need a new car loan for myself so I need to get my name off the previous finance (car not in my possession anyway). How can I get off the finance and registration if...