NSW Enormous Child Support After Children Refused to Come Visit?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

alli82c

20 August 2017
Yes, my ex and I do things properly, this thread isn't about our situation. I don't take all the CS they say he should pay because there's absolutely no way I would spend that much on my children. My new partner is the one whose ex wife rorts the system and stops him seeing his kids so she can get more money. Regardless of court orders.

Lennon

11 September 2014
ok so csa continue to collect until the kid turns 18 or finishes school... that is fair enough.

But nope mum doesn't get more than dad based on wages, govt funds and child support. Not unless mum is scamming.... the system is pretty fair I reckon... What isn't fair is the way folks abuse the system and find loopholes.... Trust me I get it... my 3 kids live with me... I get $0 child support from their tax evading mother.

It might not be more, but it might be extremely close.

In my case I was earning $142k, my ex was earning $28k. My net position (after PAYG and CSA was deducted) was only $7k more than my ex's net position (after PAYG was deducted and CSA, FTB A & B and Newstart were added). Yet she would rant and rave about how I earned $114k more than she did... despite the reality of our net positions being $7k different.

Reactions: alli82c