Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Thefactsonly

30 January 2017
Thank you MartyK - yes I will encourage her to get a lawyer, i think she is just worried about a lawyer dragging the process out (as was case with property it took 15 months) but at same time I really don't want her to just 'give up' and hopefully a lawyer would assist her there.

Yes there are numerous people who have received such emails or texts from the father - is it an idea to get each and everyone to do an affidavit or just one? I mean they all received the same email/text.

The mother doe not want to restrict the children visits to the father at all, she feels this will only cause the children to fear their father as they grow up - however how can she force the eldest to attend?

The child won't even get into the car to do the drive let alone get out (unless dragged by parent I guess). I know the mum wants her kids to know their father but from an outsider view the child has done better this past year without the fortnightly fear of going. Aggghh its hard.
Appreciate all replies guys, this legal system can be quite daunting.

MartyK

4 June 2016
An option is to ask the lawyer if they offer 'unbundled services'. Some do.

The mother would then be able to do some of the work herself while still having the advantage of legal advice from the same lawyer (and Court represenation from the lawyer, or a barrister), as and where required. This would need to be discussed with the lawyer.

Only one affidavit from one other person if the information is the same.