SA eBay Contract Broken for Small Traders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

xenon

27 March 2017
Ebay's contract states anyone can sell on the platform without using paypal. That's impossible to every small trader as there is no provision to do so.

They show that one must have a merchant server - the only two options are a paypal and a corporate paypal is not available and the corporate one only service hug volume trading accounts. Thus it would appear that the contract is broken to every small trader. Therefore is it possible to claim all lost selling revenue from that date the membership stopped by paypal

xenon

27 March 2017
This needs a smart class action lawyer to handle thousands of people like myself in this situation. The mistake has occurred because paypal and ebay have divided the company. One of the main reasons is paypal is going to be all merchant server and drop the system that now use it.

Ebay is making changes to that as well but they have not changed the basic contract as yet. They soon will so paypal can continue to drop off smaller traders - the contract with ebay is being broken.

It's possible to include everyone that paypal has terminated for years back so the claim would run into millions and it's my bet ebay would settle before it went to court and the press. Big Mistake

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
See if you can get Fair Trading interested. The ACCC started to investigate eBay for restricting payment options back in 2010 and eBay relented when pressed.

xenon

27 March 2017
See if you can get Fair Trading interested. The ACCC started to investigate eBay for restricting payment options back in 2010 and eBay relented when pressed.

Appreciate that answer. The problem with ACCC is it takes too long to get them started. Used them once on a sola problem and I finally just went to the small claims court myself and fixed that problem.

It's also a paypal problem as well they are terminating small traders world wide again, as they did when they were part of ebay back some 6 years ago. Besides the security rubbish that give it now a restructure of paypal in the way they are changing their business. They are going to be more a merchant service and less a collector as they are now.

Ebay is changing along to fit in with this

If a class action lawyer was to get in quick before ebay restructures it could be a dual case one for Ebay and other paypal and thousands of clients world wide