SA ebay has a restricted trade practice on small traders world wide

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

xenon

27 March 2017
now that ebay and paypal are no longer one company they Ebay have changed the contracts so anyone can sell without Paypal , but that contract is in valid to every small trader world wide
the conditions clearly show one has to obtain a merchant server to handle that transactions both sell and receiving money
The two only opion are
1 paypal merchant service and that's paypal new operating service that will take over the normal trade
it cant be use without a normal paypal contract , one of the reason for the split to allow paypl to run as a merchant trader
2 a merchant server that only except customers that sell over $15000 per month minimum

I have emails from them showing they appreciated my service with them 98% efficient service and the product is within there range and conditions
so whats the best way merchant service and the contract with ebay is invalid to me and every other small trader

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Your post is a little confusing.

What is your question?

xenon

27 March 2017
simply this ebay contract states everyone can sell without papyal using a merchant serve
the truth is no small trader can use that service so the contract between Eaby and the traders is in valid and useless
then every thing I have sold over that last years is gone as the account stands but canrt add listings
so no sale
This cant be legal for them to do that
its restrict trading

xenon

27 March 2017
MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN TERMINATED BY DIRTY TRICKS
the first contact stated my product MIGHT BE not within their agreement , this is stupid as Ebay has no problem with it
The next was a statement that I must sign saying my products are not within paypal legal terms of sales and all connections from ebay must be removed
that's entrapment . I would not sign that The next was a statement that if I was to sign it, the account would be reinstated

I gave that to Ebay customer service department and they clearly stated if the product was signed by me not to be within paypal agreement , Ebay will terminate my account for security reasons ...
My paypal account is terminated but not ebay ,, but that's useless as the contract with Ebay states I can sell on ebay without Paypal and use a merchant server but that is out impossible for a small trader to use
I since read many web complaints in both USA and Up that this is happening a lot to small trader
apparently so it goes paypaol is now a separate company and the main reason is to convert most trader to a merchant server account and that's only possible with larger accounts
using a merchant account evenly get rid of a lot of problems with customer complaints

#5 xenon, A moment ago

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I'm not sure about the changes eBay have made, rarely use it.

Suggest you call the department of Fair trading in SA, I'd post a link but it appears the SA government is making it harder to contact them by phone. Or they just have a crappy new website.

xenon

27 March 2017
I'm not sure about the changes eBay have made, rarely use it.

Suggest you call the department of Fair trading in SA, I'd post a link but it appears the SA government is making it harder to contact them by phone. Or they just have a crappy new website.
appreciate your assistance do any lawyers ever look at these postings ??
this could well be world wide so it could turn into a huge damages case