SA Tricky Mother has had Daughter Assessed for Autism

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Lidella

10 June 2021
The Daughter 10 years old. I would think that something would have been picked up prior to this. I would hate to think that this girl goes through her entire life with a 'diagnosis' potentially holding her back already stating she can not do certain things as she has autism her mother having ultimate say over her decisions and choices for the rest of her life and the threats of such. She is scared and i have no doubt she does have some psychological challenges that need to be addressed caused from the horrible impact of the separation. Before the child had some play and say in what she wanted now it will be she just doesn't understand whats good for her she has Autism. This is why it's vital to have both parents involved there needs to be a balanced perspective. What is going on with these assessments of Autism?? one day long? you only need the input of the parents.. what about the school, other family members? how on earth do you make a diagnosis after one day?

Lidella

10 June 2021
Its only as suits Mum problem is mum declares he can see the children when ever then the stipulations and making it difficult starts. She has even told the children that the Dad can not connect with them on there facebook accounts. phone calls happen only when she decides is good. It completely makes sense when you say her mood. Everything is under her rules and regulations

Lidella

10 June 2021
Thank you for your help Atticus it is truly appreciated. I am very concerned for the childs welfare it just does not seem fair for the child. Im sure she will get through what ever challenges are directed at her just seems like our responsibility to these children to make it safe for them. All in all there Daughter may receive extra attention and help at school and in daily living requirements and this can not be a bad aspect. What i find bad is the negative impact it may have and the fact the Mother will be abusing the financial benefits from the government. Ultimately as has been pointed out thank you, the end result wanted is to have a court order put in place that has a schedule, access to the children with phone calls, access to medical records or anything regards to health and emotional wellbeing. The children to also be able to talk to the fathers family members. Is there anything else that could be crucial in all of this?

sammy01

27 September 2015
Mate just apply to court. I know it is daunting, but if the ex wont be reasonable, find a judge because you can expect the judge to be reasonable.

Reactions: Lidella

Lidella

10 June 2021
Thanks Sammy. Onto it. This woman does need a governing body over her. hopefully out of it all she can take a good look at herself.