QLD Sister Contesting Our Mothers Will

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Alister B

11 July 2017
My younger sister and I are joint executors and also even beneficiaries with our older sister who lives overseas in our mothers will. When the will was read the lawyer also produced a hand written and signed letter by our mother which was in there security box. This letter was written after the will and expressed her wishes pertaining to both a loan from her bank account and the money from the trade-in of her car for the purchase of a new vehicle for my younger sister and her husband. It went on to say that as they agreed the monies were a loan for the purchase of their new vehicle and payments were to be deposited into her bank account to show records of them. Mum also said in this letter that payments were not to be pressured but her wishes were that she considered that we were all her children and that any amount owing at her passing would be brough into her will. Where we are now is that my younger sister has only verbally put forward at this stage that she has no problem in paying back the remainder of the bank loan which is about two fold the money she received for the trade-in of Mums car. She is also asserting that mum gifted her the car and is negating what Mum has said in her letter. Does anyone have thoughts on where we should take this.