QLD Question about supervision (consent orders)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AllForHer

23 July 2014
While your friends may have good intentions of showing you support, remember they aren't living your life, they just get to watch and enjoy the drama.

Your kid will benefit most of his/her parents aren't embroiled in conflict all the time, especially over things that are perfectly normal for other parents.

Some perspective...

My husband and I have a one-year-old together.

We would have no issues with our daughter having a sleep over at our friends' house. Our friends have a one-year-old of their own, we trust them. Does that mean our kid should be taken off us?

I would have no issue with my daughter staying with her grandparents while her dad and I work. Does that mean our kid should be taken off us?

I don't insist on her dad telling me everything they did together while I was out, does that mean I shouldn't have care of my kid?

Forget the orders. Parent like normal parents do. Normal parents trust each other, they accept that the other has a unique, but important relationship with the kids, that their contribution of unique parenting style is beneficial to them.

You don't have to like your ex, but you do have to be civil for yours kids' sake.

Misty briggs

25 March 2018
Hi I'm in some real desperate need of legal advice I live in the state of Victoria I'm a mother of 3 girls the farther of my children has moved on in life New family iv tried everything to get him involved with his children owe relationship was toxic but still everytime we broke I'll offer arrangements some times they went good for about a month or so then he will wanna come back I'll take him back not long after all hell breaks lose and we end up going owe seperate ways I had even had a good arrangement going with his farther there grandfather for afew months but once again toxic got in the way so this time around I have moved on in life and so has he but he had his girlfriend tell me he doesn't want his children yes he don't want them and gives up but this time I asked to do a concent order so that no more in and out when he pleases happens we got started on inboxing with the arrangement then he blocks me has his girlfriend tell me he doesn't want his children I'll like to know what will be the next step here if he wants to go that's his choice iv tried so many times to encourage there relationship he is the one who keeps this going it's been over 2 months since his last seen them can I go for full custody??..and each time it's months before he see them all while I tried my hardest to encourage a relationship with him and his children but this time I want a concent order in place he was the one to block me when we started talking about the arrangement to be put in place of the concent order..

thatbloke

5 February 2018
Earth
You seem to be desperately seeking/finding a way to remove Dad from the kids life (2 threads on really petty stuff) I suggest you take a good look in the mirror and live and let live without being so controlling