- Australia's #1 Legal Community is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

VIC Obtaining evidence of identity theft

Discussion in 'Other/General Law Forum' started by anna choothesa, 23 June 2014.

Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
Find a Lawyer Form
  1. anna choothesa

23 June 2014
    There have been threats made to me regarding the existence of a bank account in Australia containing fraudulent money. One witness claims to have seen papers of the existence of this bank account.

I have been to the police to inquire about identity theft, but they say they can not help unless I have evidence of this account. I have asked for proof several times from the accusing party, but have not had a reply.

Am I able to get a court order or police statement which legally requires them to prove the evidence of the claimed they have made?

2. John R

John R Well-Known Member

14 April 2014
    1. Without knowing the "reliability" of the accusing party or the seriousness of their threats, you should consider making a formal complaint to the police in relation to the threats made by the accusing party.
    2. You should also consider regularly monitoring your credit file with a third party credit reporting service like Veda Advantage's My Credit File.
    Hope this helps. Please keep us updated with your progress.