Legal advice required

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Noam

30 July 2018
Hi,
I was wondering if I am obligated to stand up during my schools religious rituals. I have expressed discomfort towards participating, yet my teacher doesn’t seem to care and forces me to either stand up or leave the room. I am also forced to wear religious prayer items during this session.

Is this allowed? Do I have to participate in both these things? (Standing up and wearing religious prayer items)

DMLegal

28 May 2018
Hi,
I was wondering if I am obligated to stand up during my schools religious rituals. I have expressed discomfort towards participating, yet my teacher doesn’t seem to care and forces me to either stand up or leave the room. I am also forced to wear religious prayer items during this session.

Is this allowed? Do I have to participate in both these things? (Standing up and wearing religious prayer items)

If you go to a religious school then they would have a strong argument that you are expected to participate.