ACT Child Abuse at Church Boarding School?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

needhelp

6 September 2014
Hello all,
I have recently been in contact with the church that ran a boarding school for troubled kids and teens that were either kicked out or asked to leave etc. I was 7~8 ish while I was there and had my front adult teeth smashed, shown and made to have sex with other male students by students and was fondled by a staff member.

Before going to the school I knew nothing about sex at all nor being abusive towards teachers, etc. I left a completely different person and believe it has shaped my life in a negative way. Upon "graduating" after approx 1 year they sent my new school a letter stating how good I was.

They sent me my school file recently which has hard evidence of how I was chewed up and spat out and after I refused to go through their legal process the head of the church has agreed to meet me here in Canberra with a member of their ethical standards office.

I am able to bring a "support" person and I am thinking it should be somebody who knows the law and can help stand up for me and keep things calm.

Any advice would be hugely appriciated

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @needhelp
As a starting point, you may want to consider contacting Broken Rites Australia.
Broken Rites operates a free hotline to support church abuse victims. Their hotline phone number is: (03) 9457 4999.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have any further questions. All the best and please keep us updated with your progress.

littlehelpplease

27 September 2014
Hey, I am the original poster.
I had my meeting with the head of the order and a lady from the professional standards office and now need to send them a letter from a lawyer with my requests put in an official way. does anyone here know a lawyer like Saul goodman or similar pitbull type of guy to right an official letter?