NSW If I disagree and don't comply with FACS then go court to fight removal of my child, do I have a real chance in my predicament?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

missmum351

12 July 2023
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to find out what legal avenues i may be able to pursue.

I would like to have FACS, formerly DOCS, cease involvement with me to raise my 8 month old in peace, while still being his main carer. Do I have any chance at this, especially if i fight removal in court?

Currently Im unfairly considered a safety risk because I admitted to random substance use when on my own but still manage to control my life to some degree not being a dependant addict.. foolishly I wanted to be honest.

Consequently FACS pushed us into a temporary care arrangement with a family member, against our will, with the threat to remove my child if we dont comply.

Since birth I have been the main carer and unreasonably over night FACS claim their concern is the risk to my child in the future, which is why I cannot be trusted alone with my child today. Their involvement is an unreasonably terrible interference in my childs life as they hunt for a dangerous parent which they will not find.
Your response will be much appreciated

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
I don't like your chances.
Admissions of substance use, and self-stated limited control of your life,
are not exactly circumstances that inspire confidence in your ability to look after an 8 month old.