VIC Disclosing information re. politician

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

jayleej

11 April 2021
I am thinking about providing information about a well known politician's past unethical behaviour and actions. Two incidents sound criminal. This politician is being blatantly dishonest and hypocritical and is duping his supporters who are completely oblivious to his real persona. Only those that know him personally are aware of his true character which sickens them, but are afraid to speak out. Obviously I want to do this anonymously, but am wondering if I should contact his party or a local newspaper. Of course, I'm very nervous!

sammy01

27 September 2015
IF the incidents 'sound criminal' then report to the cops and let them deal with it. They can investigage and choose to lay charges or choose not to.

Atticus

6 February 2019
Two incidents sound criminal. This politician is being blatantly dishonest and hypocritical and is duping his supporters who are completely oblivious to his real persona. Only those that know him personally are aware of his true character which sickens them, but are afraid to speak out
A few journalists around that may be willing to follow up your concerns if you approach them... Samantha Maiden is one that comes to mind.