NSW Child support how much to pay

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Louise too

28 November 2018
The kids go back Sunday 14 July.

Yes I know what you mean.

I had to work today. Therefore the kids had to go to my parents last night. The kids told their mum on their phone yesterday afternoon. And of course started issues. Their mum told kids she will mind them instead. The youngest said mum wanted to speak to me , their mum did not believe me that I was working accusing me of lying and saying I’m seeing my gf instead then starting making demands that she will have kids !!!! I flat out said NO it’s my time with kids and my business what I do. And unfortunately unable to rely on her to mind kids cause I told her she is unpredictable re: not answering door , too tired etc. unbelievable. Just trying to make herself look good in front of kids and make look like the bad persons. .... again !!!
I never ever use to get kids babysat. But due to lack of funds and no extra time to work cause I have kids every weekend and this forum..... I have been working weekends last few weekends. And finally got girls to believe me that I am working because their mum fills their heads with so many bad things about me. .... like I’m not really working and I’m bad dad because I’m getting kids looked after in my time I’m meant to spending with them. Now this !!!!

This is email I got from lawyer. So appears this will be long drawn out process.

As I was required to read #### emails to ascertain whether or not she was legally represented, I have billed for the small amount of time doing same.
As discussed, the upcoming Court date in your matter on 9 September 2019 is the first return date. On that date, if you and ####are able to agree on arrangements, the Court will be able to make Consent Orders in accordance with your agreement.
However, if you and ### are unable to agree, it is unlikely that the Court will make any Orders regarding children's issues. Further, any matters that require Interim Hearing will most likely be adjourned to another date due to the busy Court lists.

sammy01

27 September 2015
no legal advice from me today - well not much... Except - 1 thought - spending time with grand parents is a normal family activity. True? So she can get stuffed...

Look, you might still get a result in court in September. But I do think the courts use the rope theory... Give them enough rope and see who hangs. So mediation - more mediation, more mentions more bs. Then a final hearing in 9-18 months. What will matter? Who is the least stupid. Simple... So stupid stuff includes telling the kids bad stuff about the other parent. Micro-managing the other parent's time with the kids, insisting on phone calls not keeping the other parent informed of medicals etc etc.
Pretty much everything from here is not legal advice - just some musings of a bloke in Bali sinking a bintang while his ex wife looks after the kids during the winter holiday....

Really good piece of advice I stumbled across on my travels. When someone says something negative to a child about one of that child's parents, the person that gets most damaged is the person saying the negative thing.

Really good piece of advice I stumbled across on my travels. When someone says something negative to a child about one of that child's parents, the person that gets most damaged is the person saying the negative thing. Yep wrote it twice, deliberately because it is gold. So kids (well not teenagers) but kids idolise their parents. They adore them... So if the other parent is saying crap, let them. Kids have a well tuned BS metre. Especially when someone is saying something negative about one of their parents. I reckon my kids learnt to see dad as the one being nice / playing fair. They saw the mum as the one that would yell - throw soiled underwear at me... true story... etc.

Next bit of gold - Don't just DONT be that parent. Be the opposite. Don't just DONT be that parent. Be the opposite. yep wrote it twice - because it is gold. So don't ignore the BS. To ignore it almost invites the kid to think maybe the BS is right.... But be very very careful how you address it. So back in the day all my kids heard was that Mummy and daddy love them very very much but we agree it would be better to have two houses. So these days the kids live with me 90% of the time. But we send cards, school photos, I have a facebook page for the kids that they upload images and the facebook friends are all of my ex's family and my ex. The kids see me trying to care about their mum - Gonna be honest - I really have to try 'cause I hate her... But the kids have seen it all this time and they know...

My advice is gold. Why? well not only is it good advice from a legal standpoint, but it is just good parenting advice. No one gets through childhood unscathed. But us lot and our inability to get our s**t together with the other parent is what is most likely gonna scar them. Something my dad said once "we need to wrap these kids up in a blanket made of love"

Good advice...
rant over - bingtang time.

sammy01

27 September 2015
hey I'm in Bali atm. Back on Friday, you can download WhatsApp and call me, but if you do it after 7pm Sydney time, I will have been onto my 3-4th bintang and might not make much sense.

Reactions: Louise too

Louise too

28 November 2018
Ok thank you. I did not know that.
Problem is the more I talk to lawyers the more money it costs me. And I’m not really happy with them. I still do not understand what the first court date in the 9 sept is about. I was under impression just for interim orders. But apparently not.
Who are the family lawyers in Perth. ?

Last edited by a moderator:

sammy01

27 September 2015
Williom James - the phrase is ambulance chaser.
Louise Too. Forget it, some vague and incorrect info with a link to a Perth law firm.
How is that gonna help a bloke in NSW?

Reactions: Louise too

Atticus

6 February 2019
After separation, The court will decide who will bear the kids expenses after weighing their financial conditions. If a parent unable to pay then court have the right to give full custody to a single parent.
Not true... The court doe's not involve itself with child support UNLESS a normal child support assessment by the CSA is not possible for some reason.... Also, the court ALWAYS has the power to grant 'custody' as it sees fit in all the circumstances... Basing that decision on not being able to pay is not one of them