Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

QLD No Access to Daughter - Pay Child Support under Family Law?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by T.lee, 2 September 2015.

  1. T.lee

    T.lee Member

    2 September 2015
    Likes Received:
    Long story as short as I can get it..

    7 years ago I had a very brief, drunken fling with a girl who came back a week later pregnant. Have had nothing but drama since.. I was allowed access for first year (I was with new partner, now wife) while the mother got drunk daily. Then access was stopped when I refused to leave my partner.

    For the past 6 1/2 years it has been a constant battle, no amount of money could win me and have been constantly denied access/contact! She always said the girl wasn't mine so she wasn't going to go for child support even though I have paid for clothes, shoes and school fees/supplies. Now I have just gotten a child support letter in the mail saying I have to pay a ridiculous amount a month in current and back dated child support.

    I have a wife and 2 children here to support and do not have the money they are asking for a week. The mother refuses to let me get a paternity test or DNA Testing and my family (who are allowed to babysit when needed on strict conditions I am not allowed to be contacted or to call while child is there) have been "banned" from seeing her because they sent me a photo without permission and she is worried they will do test behind her back. I have no more money left to fight this losing battle and I am at a loss as to what more I can do. Is there any way I cannot pay child support under family law without having live on the streets to finance a lawyer just to get nowhere yet again?
  2. AllForHer

    AllForHer Well-Known Member

    23 July 2014
    Likes Received:
    The court can make orders for a DNA test to make a parentage declaration, and you can self-represent for this process to save money, but I would contact Legal Aid for a free consultation to discuss your situation and get some legal advice. The first thing you should pursue is clarify about whether your the father or not, though.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page