NSW Centrelink accessing my bank statements and accusing me of fraud

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria_L

3 March 2021
I am on the DSP. I went overseas and had an illness and could not return within the 28 day period. Centrelink lawyer Roula Allam rejected all the foreign medical records. Today I got an email that Centrelink advised they have my bank records. Ms Allam alleges as there was a transaction on my card at a London pub then i was fit to travel. Well, I used to give my card to my relatives who did do the food shopping and with my consent did sometimes go out to a cafe or a pub. But Roula Allam is basically accusing me of Centrelink fraud and just because there is a transaction on my bank card she insists, without any proof, that it must have been me at the pub.
I should not be blamed and accused of being a Centrelink cheat because I gave my card to my relatives. Every time they went to the supermarket, with my consent they had a meal or a drink with my consent. Does anyone know of any similar cases. A transaction on my card does not mean that I am the one who made it nor is is evidence that I was drinking at a London pub. Going to the supermarket of even joining friends/relatives at a public place is not the same as a 24 hour flight.

strikeymate

15 May 2021
I agree that it is wrong (legally) to do what this Centerlink rep has done, but having said that, I don't believe your story. Who gives their credit card to friends and family to use... thats outrages. I do not know of one single person who would do that.... if true, you would be the first. It is probably for this reason the Centerlink rep also chose to penalise you. For me, I am very greatful for every cent I get from Centerlink.

Maria_L

3 March 2021
Dear Strikeymate
How sad for you that you don't love and trust your family nor friends to give them your card. You look Anglo Aussie.
Indeed, maybe your friends and family are just what is colloquially known as "ratbags" or just "arseholes" or maybe in housing and uneducated, maybe like yourself?
Many Anglo Australians also kick out their kids at 18, or they used to before housing unaffordability became an issue.
I am disabled and need to rely on my friends and family that I have known for over 30 years plus. They are decent educated people with integrity and none of us have "ripped off" the other.
If you don't have a good support network of friends and family you can trust with your card, well that is sad for you and your problem, so please do not project your reality onto me. That is not my life and support network. I trust them with my life and they have never let me down.
So sad it appears that is not the case for you.

Don't blame the victim, I suppose you think women who are raped deserve to be if they are out late at night without a chaperone, or if they wear a short skirt, they must be asking for it, right?

I am grateful I get Centrelink, and I worked for many years and paid lots of tax so if I need Centrelink support I should be able to get it.
Finally, Centrelink should not be choosing to penalise people for their actions, based on a Centrelink officer's opinion, decisions should be based on facts and law, and not the opinion of a Centrelink officer, more often than not who is biased , nor some Centrelink lawyer thinking she is a doctor, nor some Centrelink lawyer, placing her Islamic values on Australians regarding going to a licensed premises, which she assumes I was there with no proof.

A financial transaction is just that. It is only proof that a transaction was made, It gives no insight as to whom made the transaction.
And for the record my friends give their cards to their kids, husbands and vice versa. This is what families do, loving decent ones that is.
So sorry yours are so untrustworthy. No one cares for your ignorant and uninformed opinion.

strikeymate

15 May 2021
What a load of pretentious rhetoric. Is this the way you treat all people who disagree with you? Shame on you for such an undeserved long winded rant. You show your true colour and I am sure I am not the only one to see it. No wonder you are in such a pickle. Good day to you mam.

strikeymate

15 May 2021
What a load of pretentious rhetoric. Is this the way you treat all people who disagree with you? Shame on you for such an undeserved long winded rant. You show your true colour and I am sure I am not the only one to see it. No wonder you are in such a pickle. Good day to you mam.
Name calling bounces off me like a rubber ball. But keep going Maria, so the world can see what you are like on the inside. But if you are wise, you should stop it now. I say this in love and truth... no hate this end :) Andone more advice... do not judge a book by its cover. I am done now.

Maria_L

3 March 2021
Good you should be done judging people when you know nothing about the facts.

strikeymate

15 May 2021

Name calling bounces off me like a rubber ball. But keep going Maria, so the world can see what you are like on the inside. But if you are wise, you should stop it now. I say this in love and truth... no hate this end :) Andone more advice... do not judge a book by its cover. I am done now.
LOL, you just keep shooting yourself in the foot!

Maria_L

3 March 2021
And you are an ignorant individual who has to have the last say. Join a mens shed to tell your right wing woes. If you were and alpha male you would have investments and not be on Centrelink, however sadly, you are not and neither do you have a good and trustworthy support network. Do not reply. This site is for helpful advice and not for your opinion. Obviously you have no one to talk to. Join a mens shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.