NSW What Legal Service is Available to Witness an Event to Prevent Workplace Harassment , Malice or Incompetence?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
30 March 2021
I have an event scheduled in the future where some professionals are to ask me some questions for a thesis defence. I have had some previous experience where staff members at another university bullied me and repeatedly lied and asked some sophistic questions to undermine my performance. Is there any legal resources available to have a legal witness present to record the event and thereby protect me from any possible professional misconduct by staff members? Are similar resources available in Europe?

thanks

John

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
No idea what is available in Europe.

A witness/support person is generally allowed in Australia, especially as refusal to allow one becomes a factor in favour of the employee. But - an employer has the final say unless there are terms in a contract/award/EA which specifically allow for a support person.

30 March 2021
Can the witness/support person be a member of a legal firm, say a solicitor or someone qualified to legally document the event as it unfolds?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Being a lawyer adds little to the 'believability' of the witness.

You only need someone with a good recollection and who can take good notes.