NSW Workplace Bullying - Bullied to Resign from Entity

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jermy

30 March 2015
Hello,
I have passed through a hard situation where the work load was more than it should. It was very hectic and the work load was above the norm for this situation. In summary: the entity provided chartered accounting service.
The year I refer to, I went through the following: 1- change teams (all new members above and below me), 2- change of clients (all new clients), some clients did not have prior year work papers to assist with gaining understanding, 3- not providing sufficient qualified staff, and not the required number, 4- working under a manager whom I had personal clash [and the manager had some wrong behaviour such not accepting when he did a mistake (there is emails to prove this), he did not provide answers to questions (no response to emails), he provided wrong info/guidance when asked (verbally). The above are key items that can be proved or identified easily.
I will state from the start that I am human and have done mistakes, but I am sure my mistakes were that damaging. I was with the entity for more than 8 years. I had good reviews but the last period under the new team, the managers were bulling me (workplace bullying, as stated above). This happened several years ago.
Up to now, I lost confidence, having many many sleepless nights. Prior to my resigning, I could not sleep at night, I saw a doctor and he prescribed sleeping bills to assist me to sleep, till I reached a stage where I could not take it anymore and resigned.
I asked before (couple of months after this event) from an employment lawyer and he stated there was a two week period to file a complaint.
I like to know if there is anything that can be done now? Any action I can take? Is it worth to think about submitting a claim?
I understand, the info above is not comprehensive and it is in summary only. But it is hard to find a job now and I am frustrated.
Thank you for your comments and feedback.

Ivy

10 February 2015
WorkCover allows employees to make claims for psychological injury. However they generally require that the claim is made within 6 months of the injury occurring (with some exceptions) and there must be a "15 percent whole person impairment". I'm not sure whether lack of sleep would be able to reach this hurdle.

Additionally, I'm not sure whether claims are barred to former employees because the worker's compensation scheme generally includes a "return to work" plan.

Hopefully someone else on here can contribute.

Ivy

10 February 2015