NSW The Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill 2016 Question

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

JellyFishxD

10 June 2017
Hi, this has been passed recently, and I have a few questions regarding it as it affects me pretty strongly.

First of all, does anyone know when this will come into effect? Also, I want to know if offshore bookies (pinnacle etc) will be banned? I currently use these sites to make a living, I need to make preparations for my funds I believe if they suddenly become illegal to use. I just want to avoid trouble, but I'm not sure when I should start withdrawing funds from offshore sites if that is what will become illegal. Thanks!

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi,
After a quick review of the 20 March 2017 Senate debate over the Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill 2016 it looks like Labour want it to be a little stronger and look at trying to ensure the focus is on protecting people. So my guess is it shouldn't be too far off. Its had 3 readings in the House and 3 in the Senate. The Bill in its current form is only looking at stopping illegal offshore gambling. Check out some of the commentary online to get a better view of how its going to go. Interactive Gambling Amendment Bill...: 20 Mar 2017: Senate debates (OpenAustralia.org)