NSW Understanding an amendment Bill (vaccination)

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

SilverFairy29

17 December 2015
Hi. I'm hoping someone can explain to me if my understanding of this amendment Bill is correct. I don't know much of much when it comes to amendments or legislation.

The link is, I have also attached screenshots.

Am I correct in saying. If I am a business owner that was required by the government to force or require as a condition of employment however you want to put it that my employees got vaccinated to continue working.

If they have some kind of health problem as a consequence of the vaccination that I am liable for the compensation of that health issues they may have got due to the vaccination?

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020_200941_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20211020_200941_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20211020_200947_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20211020_200947_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 2

Atticus

6 February 2019
If they have some kind of health problem as a consequence of the vaccination that I am liable for the compensation of that health issues they may have got due to the vaccination?
That does appear to be the intention .... Note this is an amendment put up by Fred Nile, so not surprising. Arguably a right wing religious nutter from way back.... Chances of it being adopted into law? ... Zero I'd say... I believe Fred is finally retiring next month....

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
If an employer mandates vaccinations as a condition of employment and the employee suffers health issues as a result, then WorkCover (or the relevant State) kicks in to assist the employee recover and pays the employer costs.