NSW Family member not paying bills

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Steve500

10 March 2015
Hi everyone
I'm in a complex legal-fight with a family member(my biological mother) over a Trust fund property. She was the Trustee with another family member and my step-father was the settler. Anyway we are both claiming ownership of the asset property outright now as the Trust fund has been dissolved..
A caveat in on the property that I successfully placed it on and the caveat was approved.
Anyway we came to a an agreement(in my view legally binding) that certain utility bills she would pay whilst I was taking Litgation against her(my mother)...
Anyway she is all over the place, eg starting arguments with me to somehow provoke me and say stuff like im agreesive or threatining(that type of provoking response) to attempting to bully to meet me or she won't pay the bills( meet with no lawyer masqarade as social visit) to threats like not paying the bills if i don't make phone contact as opposed to just emailing(as she causes trouble on the phone most times and delibratley tried to start verbal arguments with me).. To delibrately not paying things on time, to then saying crap like my allegations against her are fanciful eg not paying on time, when they not. Basically just being extremely difficult over all Bills and handing over money as I haven't given her what she wants(the asset in disupute etc, im contesting it and want it and think i have the most valid claim to it. Anyway like a bitter husband-wife divorce/or bitter inheritance battle, I can only handle her in a controlled environment eg in court/or lawyer present.
I want no informal contact with her(we can't afford a 3rd party mediator over every bill etc). My mother has been a total troublemaker and nightmare to deal with to pay certain bills we agreed on on time etc and runs me round in circles eg like a deadbeat dad who doesn't pay his ex-wife child support/spousal support on time, totally difficult abusive, lying and unreliable my mother is all for her own selfish financial gain etc. But it's very bitter. But yeah I wanted to know if I can call the Police and they can sieze her bank accounts and get her to pay the bills we agreed on without fail etc eg as my mother is trying to pervert the course of justice every time a bill needs to be paid/or push me to exhaustion and breaking point in the hope i snap and get verbally angry at her on the phone(and make a false and exagarrated claim).. But yeah my relations with my mother(like a bitter divorce) is at the stage now it seems that she will only pay up if a court orders her to as opposed to voluntarily paying up.. Problem is i can't afford alot of my legal fees to summons her to court to pay agreed Utlity bills eg medical/and other things.
Can I go to the police and they can force her to pay, or will they just fob it off and say it's a civil matter and go to small claims court or talk to your lawyer etc or go to court?
As Bills need to be paid and my mother has today refused to pay any bills unless i make phone contact with her about them as opposed to just sending her email to pay. Delibratley being difficult and trying to extract legal information out of me about my legal action against her or wanting to pick a fight with me over the phone eg like a psycho ex wife etc.
And now it's got to the stage where she won't pay the bills unless a court orders her it seems as phone contact with her she really has no intention of paying that way either as her only goal is to pick a fight with me. I need some dental work that will be a bit over $5000 dollars. And she won't pay that she is being difficult about it and will make all sorts of demands before she will pay it eg see her in public like a cafe/or phone contact, when her only goal is to pick an argument with me etc in the meeting or try to trick me into verball legally binding agreements etc.

So this is it, im not gonna see any money from my mother anymore unless a court orders her to it seems and she is digging the heels in and taking a confrontaional approach to me whilst im taking legal action with her rather than a let's keep it civil and diplomatic and ill pay the agreed utlity bills until the legal matters are resolved and a decision made. So basically her behvaiour is that of a crazy ex-wife, or dead beat dad who is not paying his child support/or spousal support on time etc...

So yeah, will the cops help out or small claims court to get my mother to pay basic utility bills and medical bills eg dental, that we agreed on and she can easily afford? Or will the cops just say see ya lawyer it's a civil matter?

Can you sue someone for abuse and suffering/time wasted/emotional trauma, by the person who is delibratley unreliable and abusive and not paying agreed financial bills on time? As my mothers behaviour is causing alot of angst/trouble/exhaustion chasing her up over money, and her behaviour is very difficult and erratic and bullying, rather than civil and diplomatic..

Clancy

6 April 2016
Why on Earth would anyone pay the bills you want them to pay or be co-operative in any way while you are litigating against them?? Are you sure your mental faculties are in order?