NSW SOLICITOR DID NOT TELL ME OF OFFER FROM INSURANCE COMPANY IN ACCIDENT INJURY CLAIM

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

gailpk

12 July 2020
Hi, I have a claim going resulting from a car accident 4 years ago. My solicitor had an offer of settlement from the other insurance company but never told me. She refused the offer on my behalf it seems, then advised me go to a CARS meeting to try to get a bigger settlement. This was not to my favour and as a result the insurance company offered less than half of the original offer.

With this reduced offer I now have, I would get a very small payout after her fees and then would be out of pocket for $6,000 that I would have to repay Medicare. She advised me to refuse this lower offer and go to court but I find that prospect terrifying as being interrogated by the other insurance company's barrister at the CARS hearing was harrowing.

Is there now any action I can take against this solicitor for not acting in my best interests? She claims she told me over the phone of this offer but she didn't and I am wondering also if this offer should have been forwarded to me via email. Thanks in advance.