NSW Shareholder of Caravan Park - Banned?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kari

1 September 2014
I am a shareholder in a Caravan Park. I received an email yesterday from Company Directors / Managers stating that I was not allowed on the premises because of a dispute regarding the completion of my cabin, and 'supposed alleged harassment by one Director/manager upon myself'. The AGM is tomorrow. I believe according to the Constitution of the company that I have a right to attend. I cannot see that I have done anything to warrant not be allowed access to my own premises.

Can he just notify me by email that I cannot walk on property?

Help please.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
They may have asked you to stay off the property, but what law/body corporate rule allows them to do this? Has mediation been suggested?

Ask ASIC if the manager can prevent a shareholder from attending the AGM. Seems unlikely unless physical violence is one of the complaints against you.

Stay calm and reasonable under all circumstances in your dealings with the manager. Take notes of all relevant events.

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
I am a shareholder in a Caravan Park. I received an email yesterday from Directors/Managers stating that I was not allowed on the premises because of a dispute regarding the completion of my cabin, and 'supposed alleged harassment by one Director/manager upon myself'. The AGM is tomorrow. I believe according to the Constitution of the company that I have a right to attend. I cannot see that I have done anything to warrant not be allowed access to my own premises. Can he just notify me by email that I cannot walk on property?? Help please.
Shareholder? In what exactly?
Are you a shareholder of the corporation that owns, or lease, or manages, the site?
Or a shareholder in company title land?
Or...?